Syracuse Sports Association offers men's, women's & co-ed Softball leagues during the Spring, Summer, and Fall seasons. Most games are played on softball fields st Santaro Park in Clay. SSA softball is a slow-pitch league with a modified rule book with specific rules for gender ratios and batting orders. SSA provides various core / size game-balls for each game depending on your division. All games will have 2 umpires. Additional umpires may be added in certain situations. Teams should bring their own bats, gloves, and cleats, however any bat on the current ASA/USSSA banned bat list will not be allowed.
The Spring / Summer Softball season are normally 14 weeks and an extra 2-3 weeks for playoffs & rainouts. Regsitration is open!
The Fall season is normally 7 weeks and an extra 2 weeks for playoffs. Registration for fall softball will open on July 1, 2017.
All teams will qualify for the playoffs.
Whatever isn't covered by the following rules will be covered by the ASA or USSSA rule book. All Umpires have final say on the field. Please respect their calls.
USA softball website & Rules: http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Softball
USSSA Softball website & Rules: http://www.usssa.com/slowpitch/#/?gdSport=17
**Please note: A player is not permitted to play on more than one team in the same league on the same night with any SSA softball leagues. Coed leagues must have 4 females. If starting with 3 an out must be taken in the line up spot where the 4th female should be. This must be declared to the umpire at the start of the game.
1) All SSA games will start with a one & one count. After two strikes it must be fair or it's an out.
2)All games will be 7 innings. In case of inclement weather, darkness, light failure
or any other unforeseen circumstances, 4 innings will constitute a completed game (3.5
innings if the home team is ahead). In playoff games all 7 innings must be finished in
order for the game to be complete (unless the 12 run mercy rule is invoked). During regular season no new innings well start after 60 minutes)
3) A run rule of 12 runs after 4 & 1/2 or 5 innings is applied to all league play.
4) There is a two up HR rule applied to all league games.
5) For all leagues the arch of the pitch will be 6' to 10' from the ground.
6) Courtesy runners are allowed once per inning.
7) You must follow the USA or USSSA non approved bat list’s. See that attached forms if you are unsure of the approved and non approved lists or visit the USA /USSSA websites.
8) Teams can use an EP (extra player) which means a team can bat 11 in the line up and any 10 can play defense at any time. In order to utilize the EP you must start the game with the EP. An EP can not be added after start of game.
9) If a player on the roster shows up late they can be added to the line up immediately but only If starting with nine players. Otherwise after game play has begun players can not be added to the line up.
10) No Faking (pitching)
11) Home plate is dead
12) Umpire fee's are $25 per game and are paid directly to the umpire prior to the start of the game.
Tip: Scoll down to register online and for complete details on all leagues.
League Champions may be invited to play in The Tournament Of Champions on September 16th, 2017!
Please feel free to email us with any questions or concerns!